LMNTS-1000 Transport Stream Loudness Processor
LMNTS (Loudness Management for n-Transport Streams) is a first in comprehensive transport-based loudness processing. LMNTS represents a quantum leap in multi-stream loudness processing integration ease, economy, confidence, and consistency. Operating at the MPEG transport layer, LMNTS provides a practical loudness management solution for MVPD operators without the need or complexity of external codecs transferring between baseband and MPEG interfaces.
Using unique depacketing/repacketing processing and decode/re-encode, LMNTS extracts and decodes audio codec packets from the program stream, performs high-quality PCM loudness processing, and then re-encodes and re-packets the audio with its stream. An ASI option provides additional ASI transport stream support. Physically, all data connection to LMNTS is via GigE IP or ASI interfaces using an industry-standard IT hardware platform with no intermediary breakouts.
Because LMNTS uses the same high-quality Linear Acoustic® Aeromax™ loudness processing for each stream, perfect loudness consistency is assured for all programming passing through the system. The LMNTS unit consists of a compact 1RU processing engine, with each 1RU unit capable of processing up to 40 MPEG encoded 5.1 HD audio programs (for transports containing only 2.0 audio, up to 50 audio programs can be accommodated by a single LMNTS unit).
LMNTS is fully scalable, with licenses available to progressively add the number of audio programs accommodated up to the maximum capacity of each 1RU engine (standard capacity is 5 audio programs).
|Unmatched integration ease and practicality for multi-stream head-end loudness processing. LMNTS-IP version directly interfaces with GigE-based playout servers.||Consistent, uniformly controlled loudness processing across all program channels (including interstitials). Loudness processing performed in PCM domain.|
|Integrated HTML5 user interface for easy setup and local or remote monitoring||Full compatibility with MPTS and SPTS streams|
|ASI option provides ASI transport stream processing||Integrated video/audio delay re-alignment compensates for any internal processing delays|
|Low delay latency (500 msec)||Transparent processing maintains payload size and video/audio quality. No added re-compression or de-compression.|
|Three year warranty with extension options available|
Power: 120/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 350 W (max)
Depth required: 24 in (61 cm) minimum
Transport (LMNTS-IP): (5) GigE (1000 Base-T) via RJ-45
Transport (LMNTS-OPT-ASI-1X1): ASI I/O, 75Ω BNCs with relay bypass
Capacity (per LMNTS 1RU Unit)
Data throughput: (5) GigE (1000 Base-T) via RJ-45
Channel capacity: 40, 5.1 HD channels, typical (with corresponding licenses) 50, 2.0 HD or SD channels, typical (with corresponding licenses)
Processing latency delay: 500 msec
Transport: MPEG over IP or ASI, UDP, RTP, SMPTE 2022, FEC wrappers
Multicast: Supports IPV4 multicast and IGMP multicast management
Audio Codecs: Dolby® Digital (AC-3), Dolby® Digital Plus(TM) (E-AC-3), MPEG 1 Layer 2, AAC
Video Codecs: Supports all video codecs; video passed without alteration
HTML5 web browser via dedicated 10/100/1000 Ethernet port
- LMNTS-1000-IP Transport Stream Loudness Processor, 1 Control IP Port, 5 Media IP Ports
- LMNTS-OPT-ASI-1X1 Adds one ASI input and output to LMNTS-1000
- LMNTS-LICENSE-E-AC-3-SURROUND Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of 5.1 (surround) Dolby Digital Plus (EAC-3). Can also be used to process Dolby Digital (AC-3)
- LMNTS-LICENSE-E-AC-3-STEREO Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of 2.0 (stereo) Dolby Digital Plus (EAC-3). Can also be used to process Dolby Digital (AC-3)
- LMNTS-LICENSE-AC-3-SURROUND Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of 5.1 (surround) Dolby Digital (AC-3)
- LMNTS-LICENSE-AC-3-STEREO Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of 2.0 (stereo) Dolby Digital (AC-3)
- LMNTS-LICENSE-AAC-SURROUND Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of 5.1 (surround) AAC-LC or HE-AACv1
- LMNTS-LICENSE-AAC-STEREO Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of 2.0 (stereo) AAC-LC or HE-AACv1
- LMNTS-LICENSE-MP1L2 Loudness processing license for one stream (one PID) of MPEG 1 Layer II
Note: A 5.1 (surround) license can be used to process a 2.0 (stereo) stream of the same codec type.